Friday, April 10, 2015

Crochet tag tutorial


You know how you are just sitting there crocheting away and all of a sudden you get this idea....or am I just weird like that. Actually its when I get alot of my creative ideas.
With all the crochet I have been doing lately it occurred to me that I could use it to make some tags.
So here is a little tutorial on how to make your own crochet gift tags.
(my first tutorial so please be kind)


Gather all the supplies you will need to get started
Scissors (or circle punch)
Card for cutting circles - I used a heavy weight paper in hindsight it might need to be  thicker next time
Mini hole punch or awl
Embroidery wool or thin ply yarn


Carefully punch holes all around the edge of your circle, you need to make sure that you don't get too close to the edge or when your crocheting you will tear it as I did a few times.
Grab the yarn you chose and carefully do a single crochet around in each hole, you will need to make sure that you don't pull the yarn too tight or it will tear your card.


Once you have done a single crochet around each hole then its time to make you pretty edge. chain 4 (this will depend on how close your holes are, you might need to chain more) skip a stitch and single crochet in next stitch. Repeat this all around the circle.
Next you will be working in the chain spaces, single crochet 4 or 5 into each chain space (again this will vary depending on your starting chain length). Do this all the way around the circle and then slip stitch into your first stitch.


There you have  a pretty crochet tag that you can use on gifts. I made  two different sized circles, you could make whatever size you wanted and whatever colour yarn you needed or had in your stash.
Now you are ready to start making those gifts look pretty!

Thanks for visiting
Lis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment